Source: Tractor Supply Co. news release
Tractor Supply Company (NASDAQ:TSCO), the largest retail store chain of rural lifestyle products in the United States, has released its 2017 Stewardship Report, highlighting the Company’s commitment to become a more environmentally sustainable company.
“For Tractor Supply’s team members and our customers, living sustainably is not just a concept but a way of life that we are proud to be honoring by making changes that have a positive impact on our environment,” said Ben Parrish, Executive Vice President, General Counsel and Corporate Secretary of Tractor Supply, who leads the Company’s Stewardship Program. “In addition to offering an increasing array of products and programs to support sustainable living, we are excited about the strides Tractor Supply is making toward environmental sustainability. Our Stewardship Program focuses on helping our neighbors and protecting the land and natural resources we have now, while teaching the next generation to do the same, so they too can enjoy Life Out Here.”
Tractor Supply’s Stewardship Program was launched in 2008 as a reflection of its core Mission and Values and commitment to doing the right thing for its customers and the rural communities in which it serves. As a direct result of this program, Tractor Supply has actively invested in projects that not only reduce its impact on the environment, but also give back to communities by donating to those in need and supporting nonprofit organizations that provide educational and leadership opportunities for younger generations living the rural lifestyle.
Tractor Supply continues to make progress on its stewardship and sustainability initiatives as seen through the following achievements made in 2017:
Energy & Recyclability:
• 96 million kilowatt hours saved through the Energy Management System
• 540 stores converted to LED lighting, completing the conversion of all Tractor Supply stores
• 84,769 gallons of oil collected from customers for recycling
• 627,817 vehicle batteries recycled
• 3.6 million wood pallets recycled
• 26,833 tons of cardboard recycled
• Continued to provide national and local community support through longstanding partnerships with both 4-H and FFA organizations
• Raised nearly $2 million for local 4-H Clubs through the bi-annual “Paper Clover” events with 90% of the money remaining in the state where it was collected
• Raised over $1.5 million and awarded approximately 600 grants to FFA chapters across the country through the “Grants for Growing” fundraiser in 2017-2018, directly impacting nearly 60,000 FFA high-school students who will use the grants to purchase supplies for projects such as greenhouses, research farms and outdooring learning centers
• Facilitated the adoption of over 16,000 pets through community events at Petsense and Tractor Supply stores
• Donated $150,000 to the American Red Cross to help the victims of Hurricane Harvey
• Donated nearly $275,000 in TSC gift cards to more than 160 pet and animal organizations during Hurricane Irma and Hurricane Harvey
• Delivered truckloads of vendor donated products including pet food, cattle cubes, shavings, pelletized bedding and rubber boots to those effected by the hurricanes
• Contributed over $775,000 to United Way of Williamson County through the company matching program
Products for Sustainable Living:
• Added new product offerings in stores and online to help customers live sustainably
• Increased offerings in the category of beekeeping with products sold in over 700 stores
• Began selling bees online to promote pollination and conservation efforts to support dwindling bee populations
Tractor Supply annually releases its Stewardship Report to educate and promote living life sustainably. The 2017 Stewardship Report can be found on Tractor Supply’s website at http://tscstewardshipreport.com.
About Tractor Supply Company
Tractor Supply Company (NASDAQ: TSCO) is in its 80th year of operation and, since being founded in 1938, has grown to become the largest rural lifestyle retail store chain in the United States. With more than 28,000 team members, over 1,700 stores in 49 states and an e-commerce website, Tractor Supply is passionate about serving its unique niche, as a one-stop shop for recreational farmers, ranchers and all those who enjoy living the rural lifestyle. Barron’s recently ranked Tractor Supply at number 40 on its list of 100 most sustainable companies in the United States, a testament to the success of the Company’s Stewardship Program, focused on environmental sustainability and community engagement.
Tractor Supply offers an extensive mix of products necessary to care for home, land, pets and animals with a focus on product localization, exclusive brands and legendary customer service that addresses the needs of the Out Here lifestyle. The Company leverages its physical store assets with digital capabilities to offer customers the convenience of purchasing products they need anytime, anywhere and any way they choose at the everyday prices they deserve. At March 31, 2018, the Company operated 1,700 Tractor Supply stores in 49 states and an e-commerce website at www.tractorsupply.com.
Tractor Supply Company also owns and operates Petsense, a small-box pet specialty supply retailer focused on meeting the needs of pet owners, primarily in small and mid-size communities, and offering a variety of pet products and services. At March 31, 2018, the Company operated 172 Petsense stores in 27 states. For more information on Petsense, visit www.petsense.com.